growth & gratitude
Two good things:
First, today, I am over at Vision & Verb thinking about abandoning my first word of 2011, which was balance, and maybe, just maybe, adopting a new one. Since I keep writing about hope–sorry, but it just keeps popping up–I’m starting to think it was supposed to be my word in the first place…
:: :: ::
And second, over the past week, several people were sweet enough to bestow upon me the Stylish Blogger award. I am honored, truly, and grateful and blushing. Thank you, Stephanie, Emily and Stereo! So, I am supposed to link back to these wonderful new friends, tell you seven things about myself, and then pay this award forward to five recently discovered blogs.
Okay, so here goes, seven things about me:
1. I have six cats and a dog. If you already know me, this is not big news, but since some of you are new here, I figured it would be best to get it all out in the open, again. In case, you know, you are allergic or something.
2. Chocolate, roasted red peppers, broccoli and zucchini are my favorite foods. In that order.
3. I read a lot, I am always busy, I am never bored and I’m always crazy (see #1). Not necessarily in that order.
4. Alaska is the place I most want to visit before I die. Not from a cruise ship. From somewhere smack dab in the middle. Of nowhere. (Oh, this is probably the right time to mention that I am a hermit, in case you don’t know that yet, either.)
5. I’m a romantic at heart, an idealist by nature and a purist by design. Except sometimes I’m not any of those things. And sometimes I am their opposites.
6. When I was young, I wanted to be pretty much who I am now. Go figure.
7. I’m really good at building fires, (the legal kind, of course!) and even better at sitting it front of them.
So there you have it. Now for five recently discovered blogs…
Besides the three wonderful people that passed this award to me, here are a few of my newest reads:
But whether you are recently discovered, or have already become an old friend, you know I love you all, right?